Saturday, August 27, 2011

Infographic: ‘The Cost of Content Theft’ By The Numbers

mpaa-infographic
Oddly enough, we discovered this infographic through the Torrent Freak pirate news site. They believe it to be “industry funded,” and I have to say, I agree. The numbers on this one are ridiculously one-sided. I seriously doubt that shutting down torrent traffic tomorrow would magically poor US$58 billion dollars into our economy. In fact, I strongly suspect that, in these tough times, piracy is playing a huge part in retaining audiences among people who don't have a lot of money to spare for entertainment right now. Accept it or not, letting fans keep up with Dexter or the whatever other series they follow when they can't afford cable is a hell of lot better for the industry than losing the fans altogether. But that's just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment