Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Supercut: The Art of Steadicam



The clips here are culled from the list of 50 greatest steadicam shots as chosen by the users at the enthusiast site Steadishots.org
"Invented by Garrett Brown in the early 70's, the steadicam shot -- or 'steadishot' -- has become one of the most dynamic and exciting forms of cinematography and is one of the most engaging visual techniques in a filmmaker's storytelling arsenal.

I was inspired to make this homage to the art of steadicam cinematography when browsing the database of "top" clips over at steadishots.org, which are rated by the community. After locating what sources I could from the top 50 or so, I decided to stick with the order presented on the site (accurate as of March 1, 2013).

While I do hope you enjoy my video, there are many other clips that I was not able to source as well as many great clips that have yet to be rated into the "top" ranks, so please head over to steadishots.org and show your appreciation for the great service they provide."

No comments:

Post a Comment